So I was tagged by both reiish and thewordlover, and I liked all the questions, so two posts will be made.
1. First fictional love of your life?
Honestly, I’m not sure I remember. But I’m going with Aragorn, because I read LOTR almost 10 years ago and I liked him quite a bit.
2. How do you feel about showing your nerdy side in public?
Quite fine with it. I wear my Doctor Who shirt all the time, and my sister and I have a terrible habit of singing the Firefly theme song in public.
3. Do you believe in love at first sight, or soul mates? Either or.
Soul mates for sure. I’m not so sure about love at first sight. Personally I think that deciding you’re in love with someone when you first meet them is a little quick on the draw, but that’s just me.
4. If you could do honestly anything at all with your life, what would it be?
Become a writer as good as Neil Gaiman and John Green, and write historical fiction and draw superhero comics. Second after that is become an actress. Or a paid blogger.
5. What’s a usual outfit for you look like?
Jeans and a t-shirt, with these awful, too small for me tennis shoes and a black leather jacket.
6. Sexual orientation and how do you feel about gender?
Biromantic asexual. And…honestly I wish we didn’t have the binary system, but androgyny isn’t really that great either. All I know is, I’m biologically a girl, and I wouldn’t change that, but sometimes I feel a lot like a guy, and act like a guy. So…gender fluidity?
7. What do you think is your best feature?
None of my features? If I had to choose, my eyes. They’re dark green, occasionally grey, and sometimes the only thing I like about me.
8. What’s a fandom you want to be a part of, but aren’t yet, or something you’re planning on joining?
I’d like to join the Community fandom, if there is a definable fandom. Love the show.
9. How do you feel about religion?
I’m a religious person, born and raised Greek Orthodox, so I guess I feel positively? Sometimes I think religion as a whole causes so many more problems than it helps, especially now, but I’m not opposed to it in principle. It’s just the practice that is sometimes terribly executed. Also, homophobia is really not a lovely legacy.
10. Who’s the fictional character who gives you the most FEELS and why?
Dean Winchester. And it was a tie between Castiel and him, but Dean won in the end, because I relate very strongly to him. I’m an older sibling, always been told to look after my sister, often pushed to the background in favor of my family clashing with her, and I’ve got most of the self-loathing there. Also, I like pie.
So yeah, considering I feel very Deanish, and horrible things have happened to him since the first episode of Supernatural, it’s safe to say I have a lot of feels about the dude.
11. What kind of music do you like?
Everything except pop and conventional rap. I feel really ‘hipster’ now, or something, but honestly I listen to folk, bluegrass, metal, rap, the occasional country song, classical. The list goes on and on.
If I had to choose specific bands, though, I would say Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Scroobius Pip, Explosions in the Sky and Wilco.
My questions, if anybody feels like doing ‘em:
1. What’s your favorite book, and why?
2. Ever been to another country?
3. What’s your comfort food?
4. Chocolate: yay or nay?
5. Best concert or convention you’ve been to?
6. Common online haunt (besides Tumblr, of course)?
7. First fandom?
8. Favorite character and why?
9. The ideal place you’d like to live?
10. Sexual orientation, and have you ever been discriminated against because of it?
11. Favorite piece of clothing you own?